Position: Receptionist / Concierge
Location: Fulton, MD 20759
At McCabe Russell we work with clients in family law and divorce matters. We have built our reputation as skilled negotiators and litigators by offering counsel designed to eliminate any uncertainty our clients may have. We are experienced family law and divorce attorneys serving families in Howard, Montgomery, and the surrounding counties. We assess our clients’ levels of preparedness and their goals, help them prioritize their needs, and offer them a path towards the best possible outcome.
Our growing firm is looking for an excellent Receptionist/Concierge to join our team. Because our Receptionist/Concierge is the initial point of impression to all, this job requires impeccable people and phone skills, flawless grammar skills, and an ability to meet the needs of our callers, clients, and guests both on the phone and during their visits to our office.
The ideal candidate strives for excellence in every facet of their work life. The candidate must enjoy helping people, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be organized, and be proactive. Previous employment experience in a law firm is helpful, but not required. (For instance, we have found that candidates with employment experience in the service industry often make good candidates for our position.) This is a multi-tasking position.
About the Position
This is a full-time, in-person position. Candidates must be able to come to the office in Fulton Monday through Friday for an eight (8) hour shift.
The position pays $15 an hour, and offers the following benefits:
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Daily Job Responsibilities:
- Arriving to work punctually and dependably with an upbeat attitude
- Answering the phone and transferring calls appropriately
- Establishing a welcome, warm, and professional atmosphere for all clients, customers and employees
- Hospitably greeting and signing in guests of the firm
- Meticulously keeping a clean and uncluttered front desk and reception area
- Maintaining positive external client relationships and internal collegial relationships
- Receiving and distributing mail and packages, including keeping an accurate and time-sensitive mail log
- Performing additional administrative tasks (e.g. copying, filing and occasional calendaring) in support of paralegals and attorneys
- Hosting guests, including offering refreshments and maintaining the office kitchenette
- Ensuring that office common spaces are clean and inviting
- Answering directly and working closely with both the client intake coordinator and the office manager
- Supporting the overall team process
- High school diploma or higher (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- A genuine sense of hospitality
- An ability to work under pressure, prioritizing tasks and juggling many jobs simultaneously, while warmly interacting with visitors in a public environment
- Excellent listening and oral communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Unflagging dedication to being punctual, dependable and achieving operational excellence, down to the smallest detail
Please send a cover letter, your resume, and references to Kierra Wiggins at firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.