Position: Associate Attorney- Family Law
Location: Columbia, MD
At McCabe Russell we work with clients in family law and divorce matters. We have built our reputation as skilled negotiators and litigators by offering counsel designed to eliminate any uncertainty our clients may have. We are experienced family law and divorce attorneys serving families in Howard, Montgomery, and the surrounding counties. We assess our clients’ levels of preparedness and their goals, help them prioritize their needs, and offer them a path towards the best possible outcome. Our growing firm is seeking an experienced family law associate.
We believe in a work/life balance for all our staff. We have a collegial, team-oriented environment in beautiful offices in a convenient location. We consider our team a family and have happy hours, celebrate personal milestones and lunch and learns. Our team huddles every morning, and we practice work rebalancing when needed. We have worked hard to establish processes and procedures to ensure smooth running of the firm.
We value our staff and offer the following*:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus structure
- Growth potential
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (employee premiums)
- Life insurance
- Short term and long-term disability
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off/vacation
- Sick leave and personal leave
- Dues for up to four bar associations
- Beautiful office, convenient location, free parking
*May be subject to a waiting period and may be changed without notice.
We are searching for an Associate Attorney with at least three years of Family Law experience. The ideal candidate will have Family Law experience that includes litigation, excellent academic credentials, and superior verbal and written communication skills.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Admitted to the Maryland State Bar
- Thorough knowledge of Maryland Family Law legal principles and practices, research techniques and in-depth knowledge of state laws and regulations
- 3 or more years of experience in a position that required client contact and litigation
- Technical knowledge of and ability to use MS Office Suite, file sharing software, legal research software and case management software
- Acute analytical and critical thinking skills
- Capable of clearly expressing written and oral ideas with proper grammar, formatting, and decorum
- Ability to manage changing deadlines, client demands and multiple cases
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective time management, planning and organization skills to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Assist with facilitating a positive environment with a focus on teamwork, open-mindedness, emotional intelligence, and willingness to learn from others and share ideas
To be considered for this position, please submit a detailed resume, a cover letter telling us why you are the best candidate for the position as well as your salary expectations, and a writing sample to Kierra Wiggins at email@example.com.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.