Family Law Paralegal Howard County, Maryland
Our Howard County office has an immediate opening for a full-time paralegal with experience and proven ability in the area of litigation support. The successful candidate will be able to:
- actively manage litigation cases;
- maintain a working knowledge of assigned cases;
- manage files and documents
- manage court and client deadlines
- schedule and prepare attorneys for client-related meetings, depositions, and hearings;
- assist with discovery drafting and production;
- assist with trial preparation; and
- act as a liaison between attorneys, courts and clients.
Previous experience in family law is a plus.
Our firm offers a competitive salary, opportunities for bonuses, paid vacation / sick leave, benefits, including 401(k) matching, and room for growth within the firm. Qualified candidates should send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Legal Secretary / Administrative Assistant Position
McCabe Russell, PA is seeking a full-time Legal Secretary / Administrative Assistant to join our expanding team. The Assistant will provide primary administrative support to two Partners in the firm’s Howard County office and will be responsible for the following day to day tasks:
- Scheduling, coordinating, and confirming new client consultations, current client appointments, conference calls, mediations, and attorney appointments
- Drafting routine correspondence and editing/formatting other legal documents in Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as Adobe Acrobat
- Generating case status and billing /productivity reports for Partner review using the firm’s internal case management system
- Drafting and circulating agendas for staff and case management meetings and providing minutes
- Overseeing implementation of internal administrative policies and protocols
- Maintaining positive external client relationships
- Organizing and booking travel arrangements for attorneys
- Coordinating and managing special projects, including working collaboratively with staff to assure project deadlines are met
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4 or more years of Legal Secretary / Administrative Assistant experience
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office, Adobe, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with Clio and/or Smokeball case management systems is a plus
- Exemplary administrative, writing, grammar, and proofing skills
McCabe Russell offers a competitive benefits package including employer paid health insurance, employer matching 401(k), paid vacation, and performance bonuses. To be considered for this position, please forward your résumé, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries are strictly confidential.