Position: Legal Assistant/Clerk
Location: Fulton, MD 20759
At McCabe Russell we work with clients in family law and divorce matters. We have built our reputation as skilled negotiators and litigators by offering counsel designed to eliminate any uncertainty our clients may have. We are experienced family law and divorce attorneys serving families in Howard, Montgomery, and the surrounding counties. We assess our clients’ levels of preparedness and their goals, help them prioritize their needs, and offer them a path towards the best possible outcome. Our growing firm is seeking a Legal Assistant/Clerk with demonstrated administrative experience. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organization skills.
We believe in a work/life balance for all our staff. We have a collegial, team-oriented environment in beautiful offices in a convenient location. We consider our team a family and have happy hours, celebrate personal milestones and lunch and learns. Our team huddles every morning, and we practice work rebalancing when needed. We have worked hard to establish processes and procedures to ensure smooth running of the firm.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Assist with administrative duties;
- Organize files and documents;
- Quickly adjust to a fast-paced work environment;
- Multi-task and prioritize assignments, and be pro-active in managing their tasks;
- Confirm the scheduling and details for client-related meetings, depositions, and hearings;
- Assist with discovery drafting, production and trial preparation;
- Prepare documents for mailing;
- Update and distribute the mail log;
- Answer phones with a professional/welcoming demeanor and direct callers appropriately;
- Order lunch and supplies
- Prepare the office for meetings with clients
- Assist with special projects such as marketing events, team morale events and social media postings
Experience in a law firm and with case management software is a plus.
McCabe Russell offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Please send a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements to Cathy Rhine at CRhine@McCabeRussell.com.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time