Position: Legal Office & Billing Manager
Location: Fulton, MD 20759
At McCabe Russell we work with clients in family law and divorce matters. We have built our reputation as skilled negotiators and litigators by offering counsel designed to eliminate any uncertainty our clients may have. We are experienced family law and divorce attorneys serving families in Howard, Montgomery, and the surrounding counties. We assess our clients’ levels of preparedness and their goals, help them prioritize their needs, and offer them a path towards the best possible outcome.
Our firm is looking for a full-time Office & Billing Manager for our office in Fulton, Maryland to handle all aspects of our office management, bookkeeping, and billing needs. You must be self-motivated, team-oriented, able to work independently, organized, solution-oriented, and a good communicator. We strive to maintain work/life balance and provide a mutually supportive community culture.
We believe in a work/life balance for all our staff. We have a collegial, team-oriented environment in beautiful offices in a convenient location. We consider our team a family and have happy hours, celebrate personal milestones and lunch and learns. Our team huddles every morning, and we practice work rebalancing when needed. We have worked hard to establish processes and procedures to ensure smooth running of the firm.
A successful candidate will be able to:
- Perform and manage daily, weekly, monthly and annual bookkeeping tasks.
- Pay and manage accounts payable.
- Reconcile operating, trust and escrow bank accounts.
- Use our billing system to produce monthly bills and email the monthly bills to our clients.
- Maintain accurate and complete records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, invoices, and information related to supplies and inventory.
- Perform daily, monthly, and annual transaction processing and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage accounts and payment schedules for vendors and employees.
- Provide assistance with client receipt application for both accounts receivable and trust accounts.
- Administers payroll (verifying work hours, leave time, overtime) and benefits.
- Oversees the Firm’s records retention and information storage retrieval (case management, contact management, personnel/payroll, document storage, etc.
A minimum of two years of office management and/or billing management experience is required.
Other duties as assigned
You are an excellent fit if you:
- Have experience working in a fast-paced professional environment
- Are proficient, adept and very knowledgeable of Quickbooks, Excel, and Microsoft Office
- Have experience with law firm billing or other billing software
- Understand accounting principles, rules, regulations, policies and procedures that are reflective of the professional services industry.
- Have exceptional time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Have a positive and proactive attitude, with strong organization skills.
- Have the ability to accurately and efficiently analyze data
- Are a team player
- Have superior communication skills
- Possess the initiative and drive to push tasks and projects to successful completion
- Have an impeccable work ethic
- Are an incisive thinker with exceptional people skills
- Are interested in doing extraordinarily well
McCabe Russell offers a competitive benefits and compensation package.
Please send a cover letter, your resume, and salary requirements to Kierra Wiggins at email@example.com.
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.