Shavonne C. B. Straughn
Shavonne C. B. Straughn is an Associate Attorney at McCabe Russell, PA. She is a member of the litigation and appellate practice group. Shavonne has a true passion for litigation that is demonstrated through her work-product and character. Prior to joining the firm, Shavonne served as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable David W. Young (retired), the Honorable Althea M. Handy, and the Honorable Melissa K. Copeland. Shavonne honed her litigation and legal writing skills while serving as a judicial law clerk and interning with the Office of the Public Defender. She is also a mediator.
When Shavonne is not at work, she can be found trying out a new recipe, traveling the country, grooming her standard poodles, Dylan and Doyle, or mentoring college students.
- J.D., cum laude, University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, 2011
- B.A., Philosophy and Sociology; University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2005
- Maryland, 2013
- Member, Maryland State Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Member, Women’s Bar Association, 2013 – Present
- Member, The Alliance of Black Women Attorneys, 2013 – Present
Relevant Work Experience
- Associate Attorney, McCabe Russell, PA, April 2017 – Present
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Melissa K. Copeland, March 2014 – Sept. 2016
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable Althea M. Handy, Nov. 2013 – March 2014
- Judicial Law Clerk, Honorable David W. Young (ret.), Aug. 2012 – Nov. 2013
- Research Intern, Office of the Public Defender, Sept. 2009 – Dec. 2009